Strategic Priority # 1: New Services and Training
Initiative: Customer Service page 2
Timeline: Phase I: Completed by end of FY 2001
• Customer Audit
• Initial training for front line employees and their supervisors
• Development of customer service standards and competencies
Phase II: Implemented by the end of FY 2002
• Institutionalized Customer Service Training
• Implementation of key process improvement plans
Outcomes: Training and Process Improvement Efforts will be implemented to obtain these
• Develop a shared understanding of the value for effective customer service and practice the skills that constitute effective customer service as an individual and as part of a customer team.
• Create an environment where respect and service are consistently demonstrated toward Clinical Center patients, guests, and fellow employees (CC, contractors, volunteers, and students).
• Identify root causes of issues or problems within and across CC departments that are barriers to excellent customer service.
• CC managers will maintain active quality improvement programs using data
and customer feedback to assess effectiveness.
FY 2001 Key Initiative: Customer Service page 2
|Previous slide||Next slide||Back to first slide||View graphic version|