CEO awards recognize excellence from hospital staff
“Determination and resiliency” acknowledged by chief executive
While there wasn’t a red carpet, the NIH Clinical Center celebrated its own awards season with the 2021 CEO awards ceremony on Dec. 17, 2021. The CEO awards honor the extraordinary achievements of employees during the previous fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30).
Similar to 2020, this year's event was held virtually to ensure the recipients could safely share and enjoy this celebration with their families and friends.
“We are proud of all of our Clinical Center staff for their sustained determination and resiliency as the COVID-19 pandemic had a high organizational impact again this year,” said Clinical Center CEO, Dr. James Gilman.
“The ongoing pandemic has taken a toll on all of us. However, it has been my privilege to witness the diligence of our staff and the true dedication of our leaders working together to respond to pandemic-related challenges while effectively balancing our ongoing organizational priorities. All of these efforts assured that none of us lost sight of our focus on providing safe and high-quality patient care in an environment of respect and compassion for all of our stakeholders.”
The Clinical Center recognized 707 people either personally or in groups in the following categories:
- Administration (15 group and individual awards)
- Customer Service (14 group and individual awards)
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (2 group and individual awards)
- Innovation (15 group and individual awards)
- Making an Impact (19 group and individual awards)
- Patient Care (17 group and individual awards)
- Patient Safety (7 group and individual awards)
- Quality of Work-Life and Well-Being (3 group and individual awards)
- Rising Star (3 group and individual awards)
- Science (5 group and individual awards)
- Teaching/Mentoring (11 group and individual awards)
For full details on the award winners, or to view a recording of the event, visit the CEO awards page. (staff only)
- Donovan Kuehn