Call the Office of Patient Recruitment at 800-411-1222 to speak with one of our Information Specialists.
For those who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech impaired, the Federal Relay Service provides free telecommunications relay services (TRS).
Se habla español.
NIH Research Study: How Does Puberty Affect Brain Development?
National Institute of Mental Health Researchers Seeking Healthy Children
Your healthy 8-year-old child is invited to participate in an NIH outpatient research study that examines how puberty affects brain development.
- 1-3 day outpatient visits to the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland every 8-10 months until age 17
- Physical examination, body measurements, questionnaires, MRI scans, blood draws, urine collection and x-rays
- Parents must agree to their child's participation
Participants must NOT have:
- Any chronic medical or psychiatric illnesses
- Nor be on any long-term medication
Evaluations and research procedures are free of cost. Compensation is provided.
The NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital, is located in Bethesda, Maryland on the Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information:
NIH Clinical Center Office of Patient Recruitment
800-877-8339 TTY / ASCII
Se habla español
Or go online:
Refer to NIH study 11-M-0251
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 02/25/2020