CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Autoimmune Disease Research Study
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) in Bethesda, Maryland, is conducting a study for families with siblings or twins in which one sibling has developed an autoimmune disease and the other has not. The goal of this research study is to understand the genetic and environmental factors that may result in autoimmune diseases.
You may be eligible if you or your child has:
- Adult or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma or myositis diagnosed within the last 4 years
- A sibling or twin of the same gender within four years of age without an autoimmune disease
- Both children and adults are eligible to participate
- The sibling pair is essential to participate in the study (parents may also be included)
- You may enroll at your local doctor’s office, the Clinical Center at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD, or at the NIEHS Clinical Research Unit in Research Triangle Park, NC
- There is no charge for study-related evaluations and tests
- Compensation is available
- Patients remain under the care of their personal physicians while participating in this research study
For more information, please call toll free:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute Environmental Health Sciences
Environmental Autoimmunity Group
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 03/07/2019