Call the Office of Patient Recruitment at 800-411-1222 to speak with one of our Information Specialists.
For those who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech impaired, the Federal Relay Service provides free telecommunications relay services (TRS).
Se habla español.
Evaluation of the Natural History and Specimen Banking
For Patients with Central Nervous System Cancers
Brain and spinal cord tumors are rare and deadly cancers, but little progress has been made in the way of discoveries. That is why experts at the National Institutes of Health National Cancer Institute need your help to better understand and uncover areas for future research in CNS tumors.
In this natural history study, you will have a dedicated neuro-oncologist to help guide you and your treating doctors with your care. You will also have access to other clinical treatment options if necessary. In turn, your participation provides the valuable information needed for future progress.
What the study involves:
- An initial (baseline) visit to include a medical history, physical and neurological exams, blood tests and image scans of the nervous system
- Patient questionnaire about health and symptoms
- Your samples used for genetic testing
- Study of tumor tissue from prior surgeries
- Evaluate for CNS tumors that may qualify patients for future NCI studies
You can participate if you:
- Are age 18 or older
- Have been diagnosed with tumors of the CNS
- Have undiagnosed imaging abnormalities in the brain and/or spinal cord
- Have a known gene that puts you at a high risk of developing CNS cancers
- Have tumors of the CNS that are of particular interest that can offer an important educational benefit
You can participate in this study by visiting the NIH for a clinical assessment.
The NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital located in Bethesda, MD Metro red line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, contact:
NIH Clinical Center
Office of Patient Recruitment
800-411-1222 (refer to study # 16-C-0151)
For those who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, or Speech Impaired: 800-877-8339
Se habla español
Or go online:
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 02/25/2020