CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Pain Perception Study Seeking Healthy Volunteers
Healthy Volunteers Needed for National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) Study
Researchers in the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), seek healthy volunteers to participate in a study investigating how our brain responds to pain. This study will allow researchers to collect information that may be used to learn more about pain disorders and how we respond to painful experiences.
- Will have one outpatient visit lasting about two hours, with the option to complete up to 12 additional outpatient visits over 36 months
- Will have a physical examination and questionnaires about physical, mental, and social well-being
- Will have testing of your senses (for example: touch, taste, and/or pain perception) and answer questions about them
- May be asked to have an MRI of your brain
- May be asked to provide a blood sample
Eligible participants must be:
- At least 12 years old (under 18 years parental/guardian consent needed)
- In general good health without active medical or mental health issues
- Without any current or past history of pain disorders
There is no cost for participation. Compensation is provided.
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America’s Research Hospital, is located in Bethesda, Maryland on the Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information:
NIH Clinical Center Office of Patient Recruitment
1-800-411-1222 (refer to NIH study 16-AT-0077)
TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing: 1-866-411-1010
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 03/07/2019