CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Dietary Omega-7 Palmitoleic Acid-Rich Oil on Lipoprotein Metabolism and Satiety in Adults
Healthy Volunteers Needed
HEALTHY VOLUNTEERS for a study to learn more about cardiovascular disease.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death and disability in the United States. Omega-7 fatty acids are found in the oil extracted from certain fish and nuts like macadamia. Palmitoleic acid is one of the most common omega-7 fatty acids. Many studies suggest that this oil is good for heart health. Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) want to find out more about these potential benefits.
What is involved?
- Have a physical exam and blood testing
- Have a diet and exercise assessment
- A test to measure the stiffness of your arteries
- Participation includes a total of 4 outpatient visits over 24-30 weeks
- Take omega-7 daily supplement everyday
- There is no cost for study related supplements, tests or procedures
- Receive compensation for your participation at the end of the completed study
To be eligible for this study, you must be:
- 18 or older
- In generally good health, with no known history of cardiovascular disease
- Be willing to participate in a trial that may last 30 weeks and take a supplement regularly
- Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 25kg/m2 and/or triglyceride more than 100 (Calculate your BMI)
You may not be eligible if you:
- If you are currently pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or currently breastfeeding
- Have been diagnosed with liver disease or have elevated liver enzymes
- Are taking prescription medications regularly
- Body Mass Index (BMI) less than 25kg/m2
Location: The study takes place at the NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, in Bethesda, Maryland. We are on the Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information, call:
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 03/07/2019