Call the Office of Patient Recruitment at 800-411-1222 to speak with one of our Information Specialists.
For those who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech impaired, the Federal Relay Service provides free telecommunications relay services (TRS).
Se habla español.
Studies on Thyroid Nodules and Thyroid Cancer
NIH Recruiting for Thyroid Cancer Research Study
Doctors at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are conducting a research study for thyroid cancer. Researchers are using a novel imaging technique called 68Gallium DOTATATE PET/CT, which has been proven safe and effective in patients with other tumors – neuroendocrine tumors.
- You will have a medical interview, physical exam, standard imaging for thyroid cancer
- Study related tests and standard of care for thyroid cancer is provided at no cost
- Study takes place at the NIH Clinical Center, America’s Research Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, on the Metro red line(Medical Center stop)
- Adults with known thyroid cancer that spread outside the thyroid and does not respond to radioactive iodine treatment
- Patient may not participate if they have serious underlying medical conditions that restrict diagnostic testing or therapy such as renal failure, congestive cardiac failure or active coexisting non-thyroid carcinoma
For more information:
NIH Clinical Center
Office of Patient Recruitment
1-800-411-1222 (refer to study # 77-DK-0096 Appendix A)
TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing: 1-866-411-1010
Se habla español
Or go online:
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 02/25/2020