CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Low Dose CT Scan Study
Have You Been Diagnosed with COPD or Cystic Fibrosis?
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are studying if low dose CT scans are as effective as regular CT scans to monitor your disease status. Very low-dose scanning uses about 1/30th the amount of radiation as a regular CT scan.
- At least 18 years old.
- Have been diagnosed with lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, or emphysema.
What is involved?
- You will have one regular CT scan and one ultra low dose CT scan.
- Prior to the CT scan, for clinical evaluation you will have blood work, a chest x-ray, pulmonary function tests, a history and physical, and urine testing.
- Clinical information will be shared with you and if you wish, your doctor.
- Tests and procedures conducted at the NIH Clinical Center are at no cost to you.
- May involve an overnight stay.
- Compensation for travel may be provided.
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital, is located in Bethesda, Maryland on the Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information:
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 03/07/2019