Select 'Apply to REP' under Program-Specific Elements to apply to this rotation.
The resident rotation in Pediatric Endocrinology is designed for second- and third-year residents with an interest in fellowship training in Pediatric Endocrinology, who have plans to pursue a career in academic medicine. During the rotation, the resident will have the opportunity to attend a number of conferences and scholarly lectures, which will include patient management conferences, academic conferences on various pediatric endocrinology topics, and lectures by invited speakers. Many of the residents will be provided with an opportunity to be involved in medical scientific writing such as abstracts for scientific meetings, invited manuscripts and book chapters. Clinical experience during the rotation will include the discussion of outpatient, inpatient and clinical research management of pediatric endocrinology patients during patient management conferences. This rotation is best suited for residents who are committed to pursuing fellowship training in pediatric endocrinology and will allow the resident a chance to become familiar with the various aspects of this training and an opportunity to have greater familiarity with the fellowship program sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.
- Provide experience in the evaluation and treatment of pediatric endocrine disorders
- Learn the basic fundamentals of scientific writing
- Provide experience in reviewing medical and scientific articles
- Learn about research studies in Pediatric Endocrinology
- Present a journal article at the monthly journal club
- Present a clinical case and relevant literature review at the weekly case conference
Please visit our program website for further information.
Selection of Applicants
One resident is assigned to the rotation at a time, usually for a period of 4 weeks.