CAPT Antoinette L. Jones, MSOD, RN
Antoinette Jones began her federal career in 1987 as a graduate nurse in oncology for the National Cancer Institute (NCI). She completed a nine-month cancer nurse traineeship, then joined the Clinical Center Nursing Department. She delivered direct nursing care in inpatient and outpatient oncology settings. She worked for NCI as a research nurse focused on studies for ovarian and prostate cancer patient populations. She began her formal leadership career as a Clinical Center Nurse Manager in 1999 where she managed inpatient, outpatient clinic and day hospital areas.
In 2005, she was commissioned as a nurse officer in the United States Public Health Service (PHS) Commissioned Corps and is currently a captain. CAPT Jones joined the Clinical Center Office of Workforce Management and Development (OWMD) in 2007. She assumed the role of Deputy Chief of OWMD from 2009 to 2013 where she applied organization development knowledge, skills and strategies to enhance the development and productivity of Clinical Center staff at every level. She served as the Operations Manager for the Clinical Center Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences from 2013 to 2015.
In 2015, CAPT Jones became the Clinical Center Patient Representative where she partners with Clinical Center research participants and NIH staff to ensure the optimal patient experience and research outcomes.
Honors and Awards
- NIH Clinical Center CEO awards - P4 (Pharmacy) project team and SLRM (Surgery, Radiology and Laboratory Medicine) Clinical Planning Group (2022)
- NIH Clinical Center CEO awards - OPSCQ (Office of Patient Safety and Clinical Quality) and Making an Impact (2021)
- PHS Outstanding Unit Citation (2021)
- NIH Clinical Center CEO awards - Pharmacy Move Team; Well Being and Work Group; and Behavioral Emergency Response Group (2020)
- PHS Commendation Medal (2019, 2013, 2006)
- PHS Outstanding Service Medal (2016)
- PHS Presidential Unit Citation (2016)
- NIH Clinical Center Director’s Award - Patient Care (2014, 2006)
- NIH Clinical Center Director’s Award - Administration (2014, 2006)
- PHS Achievement Medal (2012, 2010)
- PHS Unit Commendation (2006-2016)
- NIH Clinical Center Director's Award - Strategic Initiatives (2005)
Chisholm, L., Cusack, G. and Jones, A. (2005). "Oncology Infusion Centers." Oncology Nursing In the Ambulatory Setting. Second Edition. Buschell, P. (Ed.), Jones and Bartlet Publishers. Sudbury, Mass.
Cusack, G. Jones-Wells, A. and Chisholm, l. (2004) Part III: Patient Intensity in an Ambulatory Oncology Research Center: A Step Forward for the Field of Ambulatory Care. Nursing Economics, 22(4), pp. 193-195, 175.
Jones-Wells, A., Cusack, G. and Chisholm, L. (2004) Part II: Patient Intensity in an Ambulatory Oncology Research Center: A Step Forward for the Field of Ambulatory Care. Nursing Economics 22 (3), pp.120-123, 107.
Cusack, G., Jones-Wells, A. and Chisholm, l. (2004) Part I: Patient Intensity in an Ambulatory Oncology Research Center: A Step Forward for the Field of Ambulatory Care. Nursing Economics 22(2), pp. 58-63, 55.
Reed, E and Jones, A. (2001) Writing a clinical protocol: The mechanics. Principles and Practice of Clinical Research. WB Saunders.