CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Third Molar Removal and Oral Specimen Acquisition
Diagnosis and Treatment of Patients in Need of Third Molar Removal
The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, is looking for volunteers who need to have their wisdom teeth removed. Researchers will evaluate people who need to have their wisdom teeth removed. The removed wisdom teeth will be studied and used for further research.
The study involves:
- Three visits for screening, tooth extraction, and follow-up.
You may qualify if you:
- Are healthy and 16 to 50 years old (Parental permission is required for minors to enroll into the study).
- Need your wisdom teeth removed.
You may not qualify if you:
- Are pregnant or nursing.
- Are allergic to medications used to numb or sedate (such as lidocaine).
- Are taking a medication that makes your blood thinner (such as coumadin).
- Have an active oral infection.
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America’s research hospital, is located on the Metro red line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, please call:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 03/07/2019