Facts about the Program
- Approximately 40 students are selected each year
- Paid internship
- Student interns work with researchers and health professionals
- Student interns participate in the NIH Summer Poster Day and lecturers presented by NIH investigators
- For more information, please email the NIH Clinical Center Summer Internship Program Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential Research Areas
- Research Informatics
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Social Work
- Transfusion Medicine
- Critical Care
- Laboratory Medicine
- Radiology and Imaging Sciences
Interested in Applying to the Summer Internship Program
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Currently enrolled in high school, college, graduate school, or a health professional school
- Apply through the NIH Summer Internship Program application (opens mid-November through March 1 each year)
- Selected students will be notified by May and must participate in the program for eight, uninterrupted weeks (June 12-August 4, 2023)
To apply and view tips for submitting your application, visit the NIH Summer Internship Program website.
To learn more about the NIH Clinical Center, check out the video: https://youtu.be/nVuDFlCKLj4.
An interactive virtual tour of the NIH Clinical Center is also available.