Platelet donation has health benefits for the donor. Each time you receive a free wellness check, which includes blood pressure, pulse, temperature and hemoglobin (Hb).
- There is an ongoing need for platelet donations as they are only viable for five (5) days.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products for 48 hours prior to your donation.
- Relax and unwind, watch a movie, while helping to save lives.
Platelet donation takes place at the following:
- The NIH Donor Center at Fishers Lane
- Monday – Friday and select Saturdays
- NIH Blood Bank Main Campus
- Friday mornings
Learn more about donating platelets by apheresis.
To schedule a platelets donation appointment, please call 301-496-4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.