9/25/23 - 10/2/23 Blood Shortages:
Access to the NIH Blood Bank
Blood donors may park in the usual reserved spaces on the ground floor of the MLP-9 above ground garage, or underground in the P1 garage. With an appointment confirmation issued from the blood bank, use the MLP-9 parking, donors should call 301-496-1048 upon arrival and proceed to the side entrance just past the main entrance of the blood bank. Donors without a confirmation may not use this entrance; parking underground in P1 is preferred or you can walk to the North entrance for screening.
Can I Donate Blood?
The usual eligibility criteria for blood donation are still in effect. Additionally, please do not donate blood or platelets if any of the following apply to you:
In the last 10 days, you have
- Been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 and had symptomatic disease OR
- Had a positive diagnostic test for SARS-CoV-2 (e.g. nasopharyngeal swab), but never developed symptoms
In the last 21 days, you have
- Been diagnosed with or suspected of having a monkeypox infection OR
- Developed a rash or other symptoms suggestive of monkeypox infection
- Had close contact with a person or an animal diagnosed with or suspected of having monkeypox infection