Course Name: HeartCode ACLS Provider Skills Session
Location: Clinical Center, Magnusson Building, DPM Conference Room 2C535
Morning 8 am - 11 am
Afternoon 1 pm - 4 pm
Description: HeartCode ACLS is a hybrid program for renewal and initial certification for the health care providers. Participants complete online learning/testing, then attend an in-person Skills Session provided by the Department of Perioperative Medicine (DPM). Participants attend this Skills Session only after successful completion of blended online learning.
Skills Session Overview:
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest that may lead to cardiac arrest
- Demonstrate proficiency in BLS care, Chest compressions, and AED
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest to include termination of resuscitation, transfer of care, and post cardiac arrest management
- Recognize and initiate early management of coronary syndrome and stroke
- Demonstrate appropriate pharmacological management per ACLS protocol
- Demonstrate effective communication as code team leader
Target Audience: This course is limited to Clinical Center physicians, registered nurses, respiratory therapists, and other medical professionals requiring ACLS certification.
Pre-requisites: Proof of certification is mandatory on day of class.
- HeartCode ACLS completion certificate
- Current BLS certification
Special Instructions: Do not begin online training until you have registered for a Skills Session with DPM.
- Step 1- Online learning/testing. It is the responsibility of each Department/Institute to purchase online Key Codes (HeartCode ACLS 6.5 Hours) for their staff. Your AO or purchasing agent may purchase Key Codes through:
- Step 2- Register for in-person Skills Session.
- Sign-up via DPM ClassTrack
- Hands-on Skills Session will include Airway Management, BLS, and Mega Code
- There is no tuition fee for the Skills Session
For additional questions or in the event that you are unable to attend the course please notify Nam Hoang, NIH ACLS Site Coordinator by phone 301-402-0059 or by email at email@example.com.