Department of Perioperative Medicine
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Program
Course Name: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course
Location: Clinical Center Building 10, Magnusson, Room 2C535
*(Dates and location are subject to change based on room availability)*
Full two-day course Time: 0745-1530 both days
Recertification one day course Time: 0745-1530
Course Overview: The ACLS provider course provides participants with the following:
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest that may lead to cardiac arrest
- Demonstrate proficiency in BLS care, Chest compressions, and AED
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest to include termination of resuscitation, transfer of care, and post cardiac arrest management
- Recognize and initiate early management of coronary syndrome and stroke
- Demonstrate appropriate pharmacological management per ACLS protocol
- Demonstrate effective communication as code team leader
Intended Audience- Physicians, nurses, respiratory therapist, and other healthcare providers
Prerequisites: All participants must have current BLS certification. Proof of certification is required on day of class. Review of provided materials should be prior to start of course. If you cannot present a current BLS card on the day of class, you will not be able to attend.
Materials: An e-mail confirmation of admittance to course will be sent within 3-4 weeks of scheduled course date. Upon receipt of e-mail admittance packet will be available for pickup at the Operating Room front desk located in building 10, Magnuson, Room 2C529.
*Registration is limited to NIH clinical staff. Priority is given to providers giving direct patient care. There is no tuition fee for the course and materials. ACLS is offered at NIH for a total of 8 recertification and 3 two-day classes annually. Space is limited and fills up quickly.
Register for Course: http://dpm.nihcc.recsolutions.com/
For additional questions or in the event that you are unable to attend the course please notify Nam Hoang RN, Washington Metro ACLS/NIH Advance Cardiac Life Support site Coordinator by phone -496-5646 or by email at Nam.Hoang@nih.gov.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 06/29/2017