Department of Transfusion Medicine
To safely provide high quality donor and patient transfusion services, and blood and cellular therapy products in support of NIH clinical research programs, to pursue research that contributes to the knowledge and practice of transfusion medicine and related technologies, and to provide advanced training in transfusion medicine.
We will be the premier department in the field of transfusion medicine advancing safe and effective transfusion practices, training the leaders of tomorrow’s science, and delivering the services and products that make clinical research possible, thereby enhancing the health and well-being of patients and donors.
We . . .
- Strive for excellence
- Assure safety, quality, and regulatory compliance
- Encourage creative thinking, independent research, and an open exchange of ideas
- Create a work environment that elicits superior performance from all employees
- Promote continuous learning
- Provide a culture of empathetic patient care
- Embrace diversity
- Maintain an efficient and capable organization through harmonization
- Enable leading edge research and development
- Deliver customer-focused services
- Provide outstanding service to Clinical Center patients and the NIH Institutes
- Advance the practice of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies
- Maintain an adequate blood supply
- Improve blood safety
- Advance the science and technology of transfusion medicine and cellular therapy
- Explore, advance, and implement precision medicine
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 10/13/2020