Department of Clinical Research Informatics
Radiology Imaging Library
The Radiology Imaging Library uses an NIH approved secure file sharing service, BOX, to upload imaging studies performed outside of the Clinical Center to the Radiology Imaging Library. The images will be available for your NIH clinical contact service or representative to review.
Obtain a CD/DVD or download of the study from your radiology imaging center.
Find the Imaging data folder.
Copy the folder to your Desktop.
Rename the folder.
- First 3 letters of patient's last name
- First 3 letters of patient's first name
- Patient's DOB(mmddyyyy)
- Eg. doejoh01011980
Compress the folder.
- Right mouse click on the study folder. Select "Send To: Compressed (zipped) Folder." The will create a new compressed file, with the extension .zip.
Upload the file using the below BOX:
- Drag and drop your file into the box above or select browse to choose your Zip file.
- In the File Description text box, please provide your NIH contact, Physician, Nurse or Clinical Service.
- Enter your e-mail address (Required).
- Select the Upload button once.
- You will receive the following message on-screen after the upload has been successful:
Success. Your file has been uploaded, and the owner has been notified.
A note about file size:
- Users uploading files through Internet Explorer versions 6, 7 and 8 can upload files up to 2 GB in size.
- Users uploading files through Internet Explorer versions 9, 10 and 11 can upload files up to 4 GB in size.
- Google Chrome allows file uploads up to the 5 GB maximum.
The maximum file size is 5 GB. If your file is larger than the maximum for your browser, you may need to create multiple zip files.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 05/13/2020